Repat ceremony procedures for Orleans
Date of Ceremony : TBA
A solemn ceremony marking the repatriation of our fallen is held at the cenotaph of the Orleans Legion (Branch 632, 800 Taylor Creek Road, Orleans) rain or shine. The ride/drive will follow this plan:
These ceremonies are open to all comers who wish to pay respectful and solemn tribute to the fallen. The widest possible distribution of these arrangements is encouraged. If you are a member of a Riding Club, please feel free to wear your club's crest or patch. Attendees are asked to wear red, if they can, to show support for our troops.
In the event that a large group of riders joins us, an alternate route has been planned to reduce the impact on the local traffic on Trim Rd:
- 1830 hrs : Meet at Tim Hortons, 911 Watters Rd (corner of Trim and Watters Rd) in Orleans and marshal vehicles
- 1845 hrs : Leave Tim Hortons and head toward Legion Branch 632 via the following route:
- Right on Watters Rd as we leave the Tim Horton's parking lot
- At the first Stop sign, turn right on Montcrest Dr
- At the end of Montcrest Dr, turn right on Princess Louise Dr
- At the end of Princess Louise Dr (the first set of lights), turn right on Charlemagne Blvd
- At the first light, bear right on Tenth Line Rd
- At the first light, turn right on Old Tenth Line Rd
- At the first light, bear right on St Joseph Blvd
- Turn left on Taylor Creek Blvd. We will stop short of the Legion and wait until approximately 1859 hrs
- 1859 hrs : Leave layup point on Taylor Creek Road. If no piper is present,(and weather permitting) the lead bike will play Amazing Grace and ride right up to the cenotaph. No other bikes are permitted to approach the cenotaph. If a piper is present, the lead bike will not play Amazing Grace. If a Piper is not present then we will form up and march up as a group to the cenotaph.
- 1900 hrs : Ceremony to mark the repatriation of The Fallen:
- Playing of Amazing Grace. This will be done by a lone rider at the cenotaph or, if present, a lone piper.
- Approach the cenotaph (on foot) by remainder
- Reading of the memorial card (VP)
- Laying of the wreath and memorial card accompanied by salute (President and SAA)
- Observers may approach the cenotaph in twos or threes, halt, salute, turn right and retreat to the parking area
- 1905-1910 : Dismissal